Product certification varies from country to country and type of certification, so you can check the exact procedure on the information page by category. GIC studies faster and easier access to global exchanges that change from time to time.
*Product certification varies from country to country and type of certification, so you can check the exact procedure on the information page by category.
Certification Inquiry and Proposal
We will discuss the overall procedures and methods of the certification audit before applying for certification and send you a proposal for the certification audit period and audit expenses upon request from the company.
The company submits application for the product and certification to the GIC.
Conclusion of Contract
By writing contract, you conclude a contract for product certification.
Submit Related Documents
The company submits related documents about the product, such as technical documents, to the GIC.
1 Stage Audit(Documentation Audit)
(if applicable)Documentation audit is carried out regarding product certification.
2 Stage Audit(On-site Audit)
(if applicable)The 2 stage audit is to ensure that the actual facts of whether the requirements for product certification regulations or guidelines are met through on-site audit, and certification recommendations will be obtained if the requirements are met based on objective facts.
Non-conformity Corrective Action
Corrective action shall be taken for nonconformities as a result of the audit, result of corrective action is made through written confirmation or on-site audit.
Determination whether to register for certification by evaluating the appropriateness of the entire process of audit of the entire process of audit through the certification committee.
Once the certification registration is decided, the certificate is issued and delivered to the client.
If the certification registration organization is to verify that the certification conditions are continuously complied with, it shall be carried out in accordance with the initial on-site audit procedure.
Periodic surveillance audit cycles take place every year from the date of initial audit and shall be carried out regularly in accordance with ISO international regulations and IAF MD regulations.
[Reference] The 1st surveillance audit shall not exceed 12 months from the date of determination of prior certification.
The certification is re-certified every 3 years and is carried out in accordance with the same procedure as the initial certification audit.
• Extending and Reducing Certification
open_in_fullExtending and Reducing
Extension of Certification
If a certified organization considers extending its scope of certification or adding sites, it may apply for an extension of certification.
Upon receipt of the application, the certification institute reviews it and carries out necessary audit activities to determine whether to approve the application.
Reduce of Certification
If a certified organization ceases to provide certain products or services specified in the scope of certification, or withdraws from a registered site or services is discounted, the organization shall notify the certification institute within one month. Upon receiving the notification, the certification institute reviews it and carries out necessary audit activities to determine whether to approve it or not. If the scope of the certification is reduced, all relevant promotional materials must also be modified.
• Suspending and Canceling Certification
blockSuspending and Canceling
Certified organizations are not limited to the following cases, but effectiveness of audit may be suspended or canceled and the certification may be revoked. In the event of such a suspension or cancellation, the certification institute reviews the case and makes a decision on the suspension or cancellation. The organization shall ensure that, upon suspension or cancellation of certification, all promotional materials referred to in the status of certification are discounted.
Suspension of Certification
• Where surveillance audit has not been carried out within the set period(where surveillance audit has not been carried out within 12 months from the date of the previous certification decision)
• As a result of the audit to maintain certification, the certification system does not have resources or organizations to meet the requirements of the application standards, or most of the certification system are not in operation
• Where there is no reliability of the certification system by claim or social inquiry from interested parties
• In the event that the certification registration organization has not taken countermeasures against changes in the certification system and certification requirements
• In the case of re-occurrence of major nonconformity even though the major nonconformity has been reconfirmation as a result of the on-site audit
• Where the relevant details are not corrected within 1 month after receiving the correction order due to misuse of the certification mark
• In case of overdue certification audit expenses by more than 3 months
• Failure to comply with the organization’s obligations under the certification contract
• In case the certificate is used in excess of the scope of the certificate
• In case of breach of contract or agreement
Cancellation of Certification
• If corrective action is not taken for 3 months despite suspension of validity
• The certification registration organization officially returned the certificate
• The production, activity, or service of a product(process) within the scope of certification is discontinued.
• Where the organization subject to certification is lost or has not been confirmed due to the vanish of the certification registration organization, loss of contract, etc.
• In the case of surveillance audit, if the audit is not carried out within 1 month after the suspension